1 spectators at a golf or tennis match
4 a long usually narrow room used for some specific purpose; "shooting gallery"
5 a covered corridor (especially one extending along the wall of a building and supported with arches or columns)
6 narrow recessed balcony area along an upper floor on the interior of a building; usually marked by a colonnade
7 a horizontal (or nearly horizontal) passageway in a mine; "they dug a drift parallel with the vein" [syn: drift, heading]
institution, building, or room for the exhibition and conservation of works of art
establishment that buys, sells, and displays works of art
area of a theater, concert hall, or auditorium
Translations to be checked
Gallery may refer to:
- An art gallery, such as those in :Category:Art museums and galleries
- Gallery (architecture), an element in architecture, a long hallway flanked with walls or rows of columns.
- A narrow balcony, usually including a railing, inside or outside of a building.
- An audience or group of spectators.
- A horizontal passage in an underground mine.
- A usually vertical, raised edge around the perimeter of a serving tray, sideboard, or other useful object designed to form a protective barrier
More specifically, Gallery may refer to:
- Gallery (band), a 1970s musical group famous for their 1972 song "(It's So) Nice to Be with You"
- The Gallery, a band in Ireland
- The Gallery (album), a 1995 album by Dark Tranquility
- Gallery (song), a song by Mario Vasquez
- Gallery (magazine), a popular "skin" magazine published by Montcalm Publishing since 1972.
- Gallery (APA/'zine), an Amateur Press Association/fanzine produced by Richard Chandler published between 1989 and 2004
- The Gallery Project, a photo-viewing application built in PHP.
- Gallery Hotel, a hotel in Singapore
Gallery is also the surname of a number of notable people, including:
gallery in Czech: Galerie
gallery in Danish: Galleri
gallery in German: Galerie
gallery in Esperanto: Galerio
gallery in French: Galerie
gallery in Korean: 갤러리
gallery in Italian: Galleria
gallery in Dutch: Galerij
gallery in Dutch Low Saxon: Gallerieje
gallery in Japanese: ギャラリー
gallery in Polish: Galeria
gallery in Portuguese: Galeria
gallery in Russian: Галерея (значения)
gallery in Turkish: Galeri
British Museum, Guggenheim Museum, Hermitage, Louvre, Metropolitan Museum, National Gallery, Prado, Rijksmuseum, Tate Gallery, Texas tower, Uffizi, abri, access, aisle, alley, ambulatory, amphitheater, aperture, approach trench, arcade, areaway, arena, art gallery, artery, assembly hall, atelier, audience, auditorium, auditory, avenue, balcony, band, beacon, bed, bedding, belt, belvedere, bleachers, box, box seat, breezeway, bridge, bunker, catafalque, channel, chapel, cloister, colonnade, communication, communication trench, concert hall, conduit, congregation, connection, conning tower, convention hall, corridor, couche, countermine, coupure, course, covered way, curatorship, dais, dance hall, deck, defile, display room, ditch, double sap, dress circle, dugout, emplacement, entrenchment, estrade, exhibition hall, exhibition room, exit, fauteuil, ferry, fire trench, floor, flying sap, ford, fortified tunnel, fosse, foxhole, gazebo, grandstand, groundling, hall, hallway, heliport, house, hustings, inlet, interchange, intersection, junction, lanai, landing, landing pad, landing stage, lane, launching pad, layer, lecture hall, ledge, level, lighthouse, loge, loggia, lookout, loophole, measures, meetinghouse, mine, moat, museology, museum, music hall, nigger heaven, observation post, observatory, opening, opera house, orchestra, orchestra circle, outlet, outlook, overlayer, overlook, overpass, overstory, paradise, parallel, parquet, parquet circle, parterre, pass, passage, passageway, patio, peanut gallery, peephole, pergola, peristyle, pharos, piazza, picture gallery, pinacotheca, pit, platform, podium, porch, portico, proscenium boxes, pulpit, railroad tunnel, ringside, ringside seat, rostrum, salon, sap, seam, shelf, showroom, sighthole, sleeping porch, slit trench, soapbox, solarium, spectator, stadium, stage, stall, standing room, step, step terrace, stoop, story, stratum, studio, stump, substratum, sun porch, superstratum, terrace, theater, theatre stall, thickness, tier, top gallery, topsoil, tower, traject, trajet, trench, tribunal, tribune, tunnel, underlayer, underpass, understory, understratum, veranda, watchtower, zone